Initial Training (Upon Licensing)
Immediately, upon obtaining your real estate license, you will begin
a training regimen that will start you down the road to a successful
real estate career.
When you were entered in the Principals and Practices classes, you were training to obtain your real estate license. Your Initial Training period will prepare you to become proficient in serving the public; insights in real estate ethics, disclosure, understanding and writing contracts, marketing, working with other Realtors, utilizing the Multiple Listing Service.
You will be taught how to engage the talents of your Managing Broker and/or your Mentor, to address the unknowns that come along and the opportunities that will present themselves.
The Initial Training Sessions are mandatory. You will need to make accommodations in your schedule to attend. Without completion, you will not have the necessary basics to begin serving the public.
Below is some of the early training you will receive:
- Orientation – Critical issues in real estate - ECAR, One full day
- Multiple Listing System – using MLS - Signature & ECAR, One full day
- Foundations In Real Estate – Marketing/Systems - ECAR, Three full days
- Legal, ethical, moral issues when dealing with clients - Signature, One full day
- Seller, Buyer & Purchase & Sale documents - Signature, Multiple Days in 1-2 hour sessions
- Signature Paperless System - System usage - Signature, Hourly sessions
Mentoring: Depending on your experience, your Broker will mentor,
or assign a mentor, to assist you in learning how to converse with
buyer and seller prospects about the purchase or sale of property.
Often, mentors will invite you to “shadow” them on buyer or listing
visits, or Open Houses, to observe a typical presentation.
Signature Information System: You will learn how to use the Signature Information Systems to prospect for clients, manage your prospect lists, produce documents, and to prepare closing documents. This system is exclusive to Signature agents and is accessible to all agents from the office, home or on their Smartphone.